When you get the memo that you will be hosting the family holidays this year in Portsmouth, it is normal to be a little stressed. As a million questions run through your mind and the unknown of how you’ll get everything done emerges, we are here to tell you that it can be a simple and organized season.
Whether you are having five or 50 relatives over for the holidays, these tips will help ensure your celebrations are safe and enjoyable for all—even you, the host!
- A storage-packed island will allow you to utilize maximum space in the most important room during the holidays—the kitchen. You’ll have plenty of room for lots of kitchen helpers and good conversations. After a full day of cooking, a kitchen island with hidden nooks and crannies allows you to simply put all of the dishes away and say goodbye to your one-and-done pans.
- The holidays are the perfect time for you to dress up your fireplace with up-to-date design trends. Not only does it keep your home warm, but it is often the focal point of the room. Whether you want a television or various decorations hung above the mantel, the possibilities to add a personal touch are virtually endless.
- Now is a great time to call in the professionals at Pella Windows and Doors in Portsmouth to insulate and seal your windows. Keep your guests warm in those rooms you rarely use. Reduce the chilly drafts by adding insulation, or even replacement windows, to make sure everyone has a warm and jolly holiday.
- The winter months can sometimes get to be a little dreary. Through such a cold season in Portsmouth, you might struggle to find vibrant colors other than your friend’s ugly Christmas sweater or Grandma’s cookie frosting. Get creative with indoor plants and flowers —this will add some life and is a great outlet for a craft day.
- Whether you need a kids’ table or just need extra chairs, make sure to provide enough easy seating and places to dine for your guests. Don’t forget about an inviting area to settle after a big Thanksgiving dinner, either.
- Everyone knows holiday food is the best. Touch up on your home, but also fine-tune your favorite recipes. When your food rivals the beauty of your kitchen, your guests will want to come back to the best kitchen in Portsmouth every year. If you don’t like cooking, have a little fun looking for festive plates to put tasty treats on.
- Now is the perfect time to check or install your smoke alarms. Fires are common during the holiday season. No matter how great of a cook you are, sometimes things go wrong in the kitchen—it is better to be prepared and keep your guests safe.
- While they may not get much use throughout the year, dining rooms finally get the action they deserve around the holidays. Whether you’re gearing toward elegant or festive, there are infinite up-to-date design options you can take advantage of. Add anything from a grouping of candles to a bowl of pinecones to bring attention to the center of the table as a wintry statement piece.
- With bay windows there are endless possibilities to expand your space and utilize a nook. Make use of your untouched space and add tables, chairs or even a storage bench. Make this a special space for your family to enjoy the holidays, and spend time together throughout the year.
- Last, no matter how many projects you complete before the holidays, give yourself time with your loved ones. Any projects you complete will make your house more inviting. There isn’t a better time to feel at home in Portsmouth than the holidays. Toss in some comfy throw pillows and enjoy.
For more ideas about how to make your holiday season a little more cozy for your friends and family, stop in to see our professionals at Pella Windows and Doors in our Portsmouth showroom or reach us at 603-427-0677.