Fall is just around the corner in Portsmouth, and as the weather begins to change, so does the indoor and outdoor décor of our spaces. Now is the best time to begin thinking about how to “fall-ify” your home entryway and include some fun fall accents for your replacement doors to reflect the feel of the season. Doors are oftentimes the focal point of a home—they create curb appeal and can make a big impact on someone’s first impression of a house. Here are several things to ponder when determining your new fall door décor:
- Creating levels in your entryway – Height is beneficial when it comes to drawing eyes to the doorway. There are several ways to make levels, including adding decorative grasses, hung lights or basket plants, or galvanized buckets to place pumpkins or other creative fall decorations.
- Embrace color – Fall provides a brilliant color palette every year, so your front entryway should reflect it. Gourds and pumpkins always provide a great pop of color, as well as color-changing leaves and apples. Warm colors are a great selection for the fall palette.
- More than corn stalks and wreaths – There are typically staple fall decorations that are used annually, but creativity in on-trend items can make your house look unique and stylish. Some of the trendy door hangers this fall include:
- Wood – try a wooden sign with a entertaining fall message to give an inviting atmosphere to your entryway
- Pinecones – string a bunch together and paint them in warm hues for an added pop of color
- Burlap sack – instead of heaping fall flowers into a basket, fill a burlap bag with flowers and pumpkins and place it on your door for the perfect fall charm
- Scarecrow – turn an old straw hat into a charming scarecrow to greet guests when they arrive at your door
Use your replacement door as a canvas for fall creativity during this change of seasons and wow your neighbors with lively and unique curb appeal. If you have any questions about making the most of your entryway fall décor or if you think your decorating could include investing in a new replacement door this fall, give our team at Pella Windows and Doors in Portsmouth a call at 603-427-0677 or schedule an appointment with us using our online scheduler. It’s always the perfect time for a new front door and a new look!