Kitchen remodeling was one of the most desired home projects in 2017 and it’s a great way to enhance the value of your home. But, you want to make sure that you are setting yourself up for success before demolishing your existing kitchen cabinets and floors. Follow these do’s and don’ts to achieve the dream kitchen you’ve always wanted the smart way:
- Research to make sure you are hiring the right contractor. Browse reviews online, ask your friends and peers for recommendations, and don’t settle just because one contractor might be cheaper.
- Determine your kitchen must-haves—do you want your kitchen to be energy efficient? Have a certain finish or countertop material? Do you want to have appliances with the latest technology?
- Evaluate what an ideal floor plan for your kitchen would look like. Keep it functional and efficient with plenty of storage and countertop space that meets your needs and the needs of your house. What do you want to get out of the space? How do you spend most of your time in the kitchen? Cooking? Entertaining? Relaxing with your family?
- Store all your receipts. Save the receipts in a safe place to present when filing your taxes or to use when you are ready to sell your home in the future.
- Focus only on the aesthetic of your new kitchen—shiny countertops or a perfect color palette aren’t the most important things about your new kitchen. Ensure the quality of your cabinets, countertops and replacement windows is high to keep your kitchen running efficiently for a long time.
- Forget stick with the budget! Remain on budget by prioritizing based on your needs and what features are highest on your list. We suggest budgeting at least 10 percent more than what you believe you’ll need so you can cover unpredictable costs during the remodeling process.
- Forget to assess the windows! Pella Windows and Doors has a range of excellent kitchen window styles that can tie in an entire kitchen remodel.
One of the most important aspects of a kitchen remodeling project is the windows—they allow light into your space, set the tone for the room and deliver you a gateway to the outdoors, which is especially nice when there’s a cool breeze on a summer day. If you are interested in replacement windows as a part of your kitchen remodel, give our professionals at Pella Windows and Doors a call at 603-427-0677, check out our Portsmouth showroom or schedule an in-home consultation with us online so we can help you pick out the right replacement windows for your kitchen needs.