Keeping a clean home is nearly impossible. Busy schedules make it difficult to keep your home clean–we get it. That’s why Pella Windows and Doors has compiled a few quick cleaning tips so you can prepare for company without cleaning all day. Use these tips to easily and effectively keep your home free of dust, grime, clutter and more to make it look cleaner than it actually is:
- Three T’s – If you only get a minute to tidy up your home before visitors arrive, focus on the television, toilets and tabletops. These tend to be the three most noticeable surfaces in your home and can quickly be cleaned with a duster, disinfecting wipes or a cloth.
- Close the blinds – Portsmouth sunshine can be your worst enemy when it comes to dust on your windows. Closing your window blinds is an easy way to keep the dust out of direct sight and out of mind (for the time being). Upgrading your windows with snap-in, between-the-glass blinds or shades from Pella Windows and Doors is a great alternative, as well. These are installed between panes of glass and shielded from damage and dust—especially helpful if you have active little hands in the house.
- Use baskets – If you have a cluttered living space, take a basket and place all your clutter into it so you can sort it out later when you have more time. This approach can be used in many different rooms—don’t have a chance to fold clean laundry before you put a new load in? Use a “clean” hamper to keep everything separate and convenient. Keep all your toys in a bin or basket for easy access.
- Create a “junk drawer” – Looking for a pen, tape, or a notepad? Create a junk drawer with all the little things you frequently need but seem to leave lying around. Creating a convenient stashing spot will make it less likely to lose things.
- Flip couch cushions – Some couch cushions are reversible and can help give your living space a clean, fresh look if they are switched over. Fluff up your pillows and fold your blankets to keep your couch looking neat.
- Light a candle – A pleasant scent always makes a space feel fresh and clean. Candles create warm light and a nice aroma.
Follow these tips and your home can feel cleaner in a heartbeat. Then, look to Pella Windows and Doors for a variety of replacement window features that can keep your windows looking fresh for years to come. Visit our window and door professionals at our Portsmouth showroom, or give us a call at 603-945-0181 or schedule an appointment with us online.