Winter weather is just around the corner in Portsmouth and when the temperature gets colder, the energy costs can often surge. There are a lot of things that you can do to get ready for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can improve your home comfort this winter, and Pella Windows and Doors is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
So, what’s so important about storm door installation? While storm doors are helpful regardless of the season, here are a few of the benefits that storm doors offer during Portsmouth winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are an extra layer between the outdoors and the inside of your home. Their glass covering option reduces energy loss and can help lower monthly costs on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors offer an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also gives another barrier for burglars or other unwelcome guests.
Storm door installation is an ideal way to ready your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are other ideas to save some money throughout your home as the colder weather approaches:
- Check weather stripping. When your weather stripping is loose, cold air can sneak in and impact your home comfort. If you have issues when reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping surrounding the doors and windows, give our Pella Portsmouth professionals a call and we will gladly help.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can gather in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Grab a dry paintbrush and clear these areas to produce a tighter seal and better the performance of your windows and doors.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, like deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could let cold air to enter into your home. Chat with a professional to fix these issues before the winter hits Portsmouth.
If you have additional questions about how to prepare your house for the colder weather, or about storm door installation this winter, give the experts at Pella Windows and Doors in Portsmouth a call at 603-427-0677 or check out our showroom to chat face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the change in seasons.