Whether it’s your front door, your patio door, or even a back door; doors play an important role in the first impression that guests have when coming into your Portsmouth home. When you choose that it’s time to replace your doors, it usually means you are prepared to improve your home’s curb appeal or that you are just eager for a change in home ambiance. Either way, replacement doors are a big decision and involve a few things to keep in mind. Lucky for you, the pros at Pella Windows and Doors have a few things to take into account before you determine the final new door style:
- Style with decorative hardware. Complete the style of your doorway with ornamental hardware on your door, such as door hinges, bells, and knobs.
- Add a splash of color. Speaking of curb appeal, why not emphasize your door with a pop of color? Colors that complement your current paint scheme are great and uniform, but colors that provide distinction to your scheme can make your home look inimitable!
- Experiment with lighting. People often misjudge the use of lighting in an entryway. Whether you’re spotlighting specific features, landscaping, or the door itself, proper lighting can bring a whole look together and feel cozy and inviting to house guests.
- Enhance with plants. The function of greenery near a doorway can also make a wonderful first impression. Plants can pull attention to certain door details and divert attention away from other unfriendly parts of a doorway.
- Try new accent features. There are many added features that can enhance a door, such as sidelights, decorative glass, small windows and more. With the correct accents, your door and home can get a major makeover.
Welcome guests into your home with an inviting doorway and make a wonderful first impression. Check out the Pella Windows and Doors showroom in Portsmouth, give them a call at 603-427-0677 or plan an appointment online to discuss all the options for getting replacement doors to boost the look of your home.